AdLand Suit is Dan Shute, a Board Account Director at Delaney Lund Knox Warren, a top ten London Advertising Agency. This is where I write about the life of a Suit - which can include pretty much anything. Delaney's didn't know I was doing this, but they do now. They still don't agree with everything I say though. They'd also probably rather I swore less.

Monday 8 June 2009

What Tomorrow May Bring


So, obsessive geek that I am, I spent a fair bit of time thinking about work while I was away - and with work naturally came thoughts of ALS. I've been doing this for a while now, and I'm starting to get a clear idea of what I'm here for. More than I had when I started, anyway. But I think it's time for a bit more. And as such, you might start to notice some changes over the next few weeks. Up until now, I've been posting pretty much exclusively about the process of advertising. Whilst I definitely don't intend to stop doing that, I worry I might be doing the role of a Suit a little bit of a disservice. After all, as I've pointed out elsewhere, the joy of a Suit's life is that pretty much everything counts as work, and everything is relevant - if ALS is to reflect the life of a Suit, then it should reflect that.

And so it shall. The tips will continue, the rants will continue, the Suits Laid Bare will continue, the Everything Is Your Faults will continue. But alongside them, will be some more personal posts. Whilst, for reasons that I may one day reveal, I will have to remain anonymous, there's no reason why ALS shouldn't have a little bit more of me in it. (Explicitly me, that is - those that know me will testify that there's an awful lot of me in it already.)

So there you have it. ALS continues, and ALS grows. And possibly becomes self-obsessive and tedious. Meh.

0 comments: