AdLand Suit is Dan Shute, a Board Account Director at Delaney Lund Knox Warren, a top ten London Advertising Agency. This is where I write about the life of a Suit - which can include pretty much anything. Delaney's didn't know I was doing this, but they do now. They still don't agree with everything I say though. They'd also probably rather I swore less.

Friday 1 January 2010

AdLand Suit's New Year's Resolutions

1. I will post at least twice a week.

2. I will do more interviews with famous Suits.

3. I will swear less. I will try to swear less. I will try to try to swear less. Oh, cock-monkeys. That one's a non-starter.

4. I will write more about ads. I enjoy writing about ads. I particularly enjoy ranting about ads. I will try and do more of both.

5. I will be more structured about how I write - rather than writing a post and publishing it on an ad hoc basis, I will try and write ahead, like what 'proper bloggers' do. That will make Resolution 1 easier.

6. I will tweet less.

7. I will actually go for a beer with all of the people I've said I'll go for a beer with over the last year. At the same time, I will try and drink less beer.

8. I will broaden the scope of the blog - the life of Suit is supposed to encompass every cultural experience that life can offer, yet I only seem to write about photocopying and everything being your fault.

9. I will write more posts about how bloody brilliant life as a Suit is and should be. Yes, Everything Is Your Fault, but that's only one side of it - it just happens to be the easiest side to write about.

10. I will devote more time to talking about what the role of a Suit should be in the modern Agency. See, I have a suspicion that the old Agency model is broken, and that the future is small. A new model is needed, and Suits, as the only members of Agencies that are really involved in both the creative and business side of things, should be driving this (r)evolution. This may be my meisterwerk. By which I mean I may never get round to finishing it.

And I think ten will do. As is always the case, I'd like your thoughts. What would you like to see more of from ALS in 2010? And what would you like to see less of? All comments, positive and negative, open or anonymous are genuinely welcome. Let me know.

Oh, and happy new year, chaps.

0 comments: